WELCOME TO 2023
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MUSIC CITY ANIMAL RESCUE!! 2023 marks the 10th year that we have been honored to help abandoned, abused, neglected animals all across middle Tennessee. We hope to bring lots of new events and ideas to the community and to our rescue.
Please make sure you follow our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/MCAR2013). We list all of our upcoming events,
sneak peaks at animals coming up for adoption, babies that are ready for their fur-ever homes and those wonderful adoption stories. We will also be bringing you updates on our Anniversary Bash coming up some time in the Spring. STAY TUNED and THANK YOU for your support!!
Vickie Harris - Director
Visit our Volunteer/Foster page for more information on becoming a part of our
✨UNICORN FOSTER SQUAD✨
A rewarding foster experience for the uniqueness in all of us!
Join Music City Animal Rescue at Barks for Bigs! A fun event benefiting the Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle Tennessee. This is a "pet-friendly" event. Read more about it on our SPECIAL EVENTS PAGES
Times are ruff, but there are lots of easy ways to support Music City Animal Rescue!
1. Amazon Smile - If you shop with Amazon, one of the best ways to support MCAR is by joining the Amazon Smile program. A portion of your purchases are donated to the rescue AND it gives you special discounts on many purchases. You can check out our Amazon wish list above!
2. Kroger Community Rewards - Setting up a Kroger account and joining the community rewards program sends money quarterly to MCAR based on your purchases with Kroger. The more families that join, the more money we receive. It does NOT take away from your fuel points, this is just a bonus-giving opportunity! We are listed as Music City Animal Rescue. Sign up and save!!
3. Do you shop at CHEWY.COM? If so, did you know that they have a giving program for rescues? Music City Animal Rescue is an approved partner. Log in to your Chewy account and search "Music City Animal Rescue" under FIND A RESCUE. We have an extensive wishlist to meet the needs of our foster pets.
4. ADOPT - You are not only providing a safe loving home for an animal in need, but you are adding a new member to your family. A family member who offers you unconditional acceptance and love.
If you have fallen in love with one of the babies in our foster program and want to consider making them a part of your home,
click the DOG ADOPTION APPLICATION BUTTON or the CAT ADOPTION APPLICATION BUTTON to complete an application or visit our "Adopt Don't Shop" page.
5. FOSTER - Being a safe, loving foster home for a sad, neglected animal is an extremely rewarding experience. Nothing feels better than being a safe refuge for a pet until their new life begins with their very own family. Fostering is very helpful to a rescue like MCAR which is completely foster-home-based. If you would like to be considered for fostering, please click the FOSTER HOMES NEEDED BUTTON and complete a foster application. Someone will be in contact with you soon.
MCAR is proud to partner with
Petco and Petsmart
Music City Animal Rescue is a 501(c)3 animal rescue that is completely foster home based. This means that we have no brick and mortar facility where rescued animals stay while looking for their forever homes. Any animal that is taken into the MCAR program lives with a foster family. They are fully vetted, loved, and socialized. They are introduced to as many new people, animals, and circumstances as possible. They are potty trained, if needed, and taught basic commands. In turn, we learn a lot about every little one that comes to us. This is valuable knowledge when it comes to finding that "perfect" home for them.
When it is time for these babies to find their loving home, we rely on several avenues to provide information about them. Petfinder.com is a great source to locate all of our pets that are ready to be adopted. It gives basic information about each pet along with photos, and our contact information. We also post on our Music City Animal Rescue Facebook page. Here you can see not only the babies ready for adoption, but you can get sneak peeks of those that will soon be ready for adoption.
Our adoption coordinators are happy to set up individual meetings for you and a particular pet (in fact, prior to any adoption, we most often, will conduct a home visit), however; one of the best ways to meet a pet and introduce them to your family (including your current furry family) is to visit us at one of our adoption locations.
Music City Animal Rescue is proud to say that we are both Petco and Petsmart partners. This means that we hold adoption events periodically at designated Petco and PetSmart stores around the area.
Currently, our primary locations are:
PETCO at 3536 Murfreesboro Rd. in Antioch, TN.
PETSMART at 2201 Gallatin Pike N, Madison, TN.
If you are looking for a new furry family member, we hope that you will consider Music City Animal Rescue. If you have a heart for animals and would like to become one of our fabulous foster homes, please visit our foster/volunteer page. This application allows one of our coordinators to contact you to answer any questions you may have and to discuss the many life-changing and rewarding aspects of opening your heart and home to an animal in need.
We are currently in desperate need of foster homes for cats/kittens as well as puppies/dogs.
We would love to have you as part of our MCAR family.